We have all commented on the take over of VFA/VFL clubs by AFL sides in recent years. I believe that Box Hill now must have a majority of Hawthorn appointed directors on the board to ensure that the Mustangs adhere to Hawthorn direction.
I think it is time that the VFL looks at these aligned clubs that really are reserves side.
Perhaps consider that if the following criteria is met, that the club should no longer be considered an independent entity and are in fact a pseudo AFL clubs.
Factors that I think should be considered are:
* Clubs forfeiting their own guernseyand adopting an AFL jumper or derivative
* Clubs adopting the logo/moniker of the aligned AFL club
* Clubs changing traditional club song to the aligned AFL club song or derivative
* Clubs playing more than 2 home games at a traditional home ground of the aligned AFL club
* Clubs fielding less than 7 VFL listed players
... What else should be considered?