The Football Victoria website has been updated with information on the 2004 TXU VFL. The fixture for the Senior compeition will be published shortly, with few changes to that of 2003. The competition will remain at 13 as in 2003. The draw will be made up of 2 byes and 1 interstate game against WA. There will still be 20 rounds commencing one week after the AFL, the interstate game will take place when the AFL has its break mid season, and the finals will commence one week prior to the end of the AFL season and they will be played as a final eight. The VFL and AFL alignments will remain the same in 2004 as they were in 2003. The separation of Carlton and the Northern Bullants has been resolved and they will align for 2004. A memorandum of understanding has been reached which will lead to a formal announcement in due course. Geelong remains the only AFL Club to have its own team in the VFL although the option of an alignment in future years is still a possibility.
News from the web
- Elliott expected back for Pies, Goldsack a show, Nankervis no cert
- Could 'Mr Fix It' return to stop the Tigers' twin towers?
- Alex Rance determined to make amazing September return but decision will be out of his hands
- Schache a test for Dockers clash
- <b>VFL</b> match report: R16
- NAB League 2019: Angus Hanrahan dominates with 35 disposals for Sandringham Dragons
- Revealed: The role change behind flag Tiger's <b>VFL</b> stint
November 03, 2003
The Football Victoria website has been updated with information on the 2004 TXU VFL. The fixture for the Senior compeition will be published shortly, with few changes to that of 2003.