I've been thinking about this thread for a little while...
Of all the grounds in the VFL (in Victoria). Which ground has the best overall experience.
I'd rate Frankston as probably number 1.
My reasons are:
- Good terracing /elevation
- Narrow wings mean you feel like the centre square is very close
- Crowd involvement and atmosphere
- Excellent kiosk food options
- Food pricing
- Broadcast quality lighting (yet to experience)
Second is likely to be Werribee. The facilities are sensational and the terracing which now includes some roofing. The kiosk isn't the cheapest but is well run and the BBQ options are great. It's a pretty ground with some magnificent gum trees at the northern end. Crowd atmosphere isn't as good as other Frankston due to a relatively low supporter base. (Have we ever had a Werribee supporter post on here?)
Thirdly I would then go for Williamstow but points off for poor viewing height/elevation and crummy night lighting. Their kiosk is sensational and on par with Frankston.