THE VFL has declared the waterlogged North Port Oval unsafe and shifted tomorrow's Round 15 VFL clash between Port Melbourne and Box Hill Hawks to the City Oval.
League officials inspected the ground this morning after Box Hill officials raised concerns about playing on it.
They quickly decided to take the match to Box Hill.
Stretches of water settled on North Port Oval last Saturday, with one long-time Borough supporter saying he had never seen it so heavy.
It's the third home game Port Melbourne has forfeited this season. Matches against Werribee and Sandringham were transferred earlier in the season due to work on the Norm Goss grandstand.
VFL operations manager John Hook told Leader this morning: "After receiving contact from Box Hill we called for an independent assessment and unfortunately it was not good.
"They did think it was unsafe because in parts of the ground you go from a reasonable surface to areas where you basically sink. So we couldn't sanction the match going ahead.''
Hook said the condition of North Port Oval was a "real worry'' given the VFL had scheduled most of the finals there.
Referring to the late switch, Hook added: "Clubs have to raise these issues with us earlier. It's not acceptable to make contact with us on Thursdays.''